Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Guy Tried To Run In Front Of My Truck Near Pound

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Guy Tried To Run In Front Of My Truck Near Pound

    I do a radio show every Sunday in Whitesburg and come back down 23 around 4:30pm. Today as I neared that motel near Robo's I saw a guy standing next to the road like a hitch-hiker. As I neared him I noticed his body language change and he seemed to be trying to time my speed. I realized this fool was going run into the road!

    I slowed down as best I could and thankfully nobody was in the far lane so I was able to switch lanes. I went over as far as I could and sure enough as I got near him here he came out into the road. By the time I reached him he was in the middle of the road. I thought he might run into the side of my pickup but by now I was slowed down pretty good.

    I looked in his direction and saw a whole group of people in the Motel parking lot watching him?! What the......

    As I went on down the road the main emotion I was feeling was anger. What did this idiot think he was doing? Was he trying to use me to kill himself? Was he intending to wreck me? Was it some type of very dangerous stupid joke? And what about the 8/10 people just standing there watching him?
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guy Tried To Run In Front Of My Truck Near Pound

    Ignorance at its finest it sounds like.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guy Tried To Run In Front Of My Truck Near Pound

    Guy was lucky it was someone who was paying close attention and very aware, if it happened to be a teenager on a phone or an elderly person it might have not ended pretty.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guy Tried To Run In Front Of My Truck Near Pound

    Because of the onlookers, it was probably some dumb stunt he was trying to pull IMO. Hell, if I was going to off myself like that, it'd be in front of some big 18 wheeler.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guy Tried To Run In Front Of My Truck Near Pound

    If I had another vehicle in the outside lane I would have hit him for sure. If I didn't sort of sense that he was going to do what he did I would have hit him.

    He didn't seem completely committed to getting in front of my pickup, but he ran out into the middle of the road, not just a few feet out there, with a truck coming at him at 60 mph.

    I've never seen anything like it before.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guy Tried To Run In Front Of My Truck Near Pound

    So many possibilities:
    • strung out/drunk
    • idiot on a dare
    • looking for some insurance $
    • trying to get on disability
    • suicide by truck
    • complete moron
    I would have recommended calling the police on the jerk.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guy Tried To Run In Front Of My Truck Near Pound

    That would have def. been scary... good thing you were paying attention
    People are crazy these days
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guy Tried To Run In Front Of My Truck Near Pound

    I can't believe nobody has mentioned the possibility of a zombie outbreak in Pound.

    It certainly wouldn't surprise me, and what you just experienced, gotch, could very well be the beginning of such a thing. I wouldn't advise traveling in that area again unless you happen to have firearms with you at all times. Oh, and those "people" watching him? Clearly fellow zombies, in a daze and not aware of the events taking place around them.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guy Tried To Run In Front Of My Truck Near Pound

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned the possibility of a zombie outbreak in Pound.

    It certainly wouldn't surprise me, and what you just experienced, gotch, could very well be the beginning of such a thing. I wouldn't advise traveling in that area again unless you happen to have firearms with you at all times. Oh, and those "people" watching him? Clearly fellow zombies, in a daze and not aware of the events taking place around them.
    It's just that that movie the Happening !!! DUN DUN DUN
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guy Tried To Run In Front Of My Truck Near Pound

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned the possibility of a zombie outbreak in Pound.
    LOL when I read that i had a mouthful of popcorn and about got some lodged in my nose.



    That one motel on the right coming form Pound I see a bunch of Mexicans standing outside alot. Immigration could haven been chasing him
    GO VOLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •